The main school building The Chapel
The school is situated close to the Heath Lane Cemetery and dates back to 1874. A First World War memorial is in the entrance to the Chapel, along with other memorials to the dead of that war inside the Chapel, including one for Harcourt Snowden. A Second World War memorial is also in the Chapel entrance.
On the way in to the Chapel there is a First World War memorial. Soon after the war, the school produced a Roll of Honour listing not only the fallen but all others who served. It is hoped that, in due course, information will be added to this site from the Roll. Inside the Chapel are two individual memorials, while the east window was also dedicated to old boys who fell in the war. The window is mentioned on the memorial above the lists of names: 'To the glory of God and in proud and grateful memory of this our Roll of Honour the east window in chapel was offered.'
The First World War memorial in the entrance to the Chapel.
The east window and inscription
Individual memorials inside the Chapel: Edwin Raymond Bates (l) and Harcourt Snowden (r)
(Photos: Richard Grayson, 2nd July 2014.)
The Second World War memorial
Panels from the memorial
(Photos: Richard Grayson, 7th July 2014.)